Name Sessantanni Primitivo di Manduria D.O.P. Riserva – 60 Anni
Wine category Denominazione di Origine Protetta
Colour Red
Vine varieties Primitivo
Vines per ha 5000 bush vines
Production area Very old vineyards, selected in San Marzano and Sava. The soil is mainly “red earth”, with a fine texture and a generally calcareous underground with few emerging rocks. The well-known redness of these soils is due to the presence of iron oxides. The climate is characterised by high temperatures all year round, very little rainfall and a wide temperature range between night and day, which has a positive influence on the quality of the grapes. This is the central area of d.o.p. "Primitivo di Manduria"
Harvest period Second half of September
Vinification Grapes are hand-harvested in advanced status of ripening. M aceration: 18 days on 80% of the mass, 25 days on remaining 20% (with selected autochthonous yeasts). Thermo-controlled alcoholic fermentation at 24-26°C
Maturation 12 months in fine French and American wood barrels
Tasting notes Intense ruby red colour, wide and complex to the nose, fruity, with a prune and cherry jam aroma, with notes of tobacco, slightly spicy. A full-bodied wine, soft and rich in fine tannins, with notes of cocoa, coffee and vanilla in the end
Best served with Red meat, savoury first courses. Meditation wine
Serving temperature About 18°C