Name „F” Negroamaro Salento I.G.P.
Wine category Protected Designation of Origin.
Colour Red
Vine varieties Negroamaro
Vines per ha 4500
Production area Selected vineyards in the district of Monte La Conca, located between San M arzano and Francavilla Fontana. The soil is mainly red earth, with a fine texture and a generally calcareous underground with few emerging rocks. The well- known redness of these soils is due to the presence of iron oxides. The climate is characterised by high temperatures all year round, with very little rainfall and a wide temperature range between night and day, which has a positive influence on the quality of the grapes.
Harvest period Second week of September
Vinification Grapes are hand-harvested in small baskets. M aceration: 18 days on 80% of the mass, 25 days on remaining 20% (with selected autochthonous yeasts). Thermo-controlled alcoholic fermentation at 24-26°C.
Maturation In French and Caucasian oak barrels for 12 months
Tasting notes Very deep purple red, wide and complex to the nose, with notes of spices, soft fruit, and cherry jam. A full- bodied wine, soft and balanced, rich in fine tannins, with a pleasantly long lasting finish.
Best served with Savoury first courses, red meat, game, pecorino cheese. Meditation wine
Serving temperature About 18°C